Adult Name Change in Nevada

In Clark County, Nevada, a person over the age of majority may petition the Court to legally change his name by submitting to the Court a Verified Petition which conforms to the requirements set forth in Nevada Revised Statute (“NRS”) 41.270. The Petition must state the specific facts set forth requesting the name change including but not limited to a declaration whether or not the person requesting the name change is a felon and the reason for the name change.

Pursuant to NRS 41.280 accompanying the Verified Petition must be a notice which is required for publication. After filing the Verified Petition and Notice, same are published one (1) time per week for three (3) consecutive weeks. After completing publication, an Order is submitted to the Court which is accompanied by proof of publication, thereafter, the Court will either deny or grant the name change.